University of Warsaw, Faculty of Economic Sciences
|Field of study:||Economics|
|Type of studies:||Graduate|
|System of studies:||full-time (day) studies|
Official website of the Programme is available at: http://www.wne.uw.edu.pl
The Programme offers cutting-edge knowledge and skills in the field of international economics and is one of the best Master’s degree programmes in International Economics in Central and Eastern Europe. The selection of courses aims at providing students with solid base in economics at advanced level and making them familiar with the latest issues related to international economics used in scientific research, business and international institutions. Students of the International Economics programme are also offered the possibility to obtain a double degree diploma: Master’s degree in International Economics issued by Warsaw University as well as a Master’s degree diploma obtained at one of the foreign Universities under bilateral agreement. The participants of double-degree programs having completed their first year in Warsaw, have an opportunity to spend their second year at the partner university in Austria (University of Vienna), Belgium (Catholic University of Louvain) or Hungary (Central European University in Budapest).
Graduate profile and potential career opportunities:
Graduates are expected to be able to link scientific skills with real economic problems to devise new strategies and policies for business, governments and NGO’s. Graduates can pursue careers in all areas of international and institutional activities as analysts, researchers, advisors, lobbyists or policy makers. Graduates will know how to formulate a problem, prepare a research plan, collect data and deal with data analysis, assemble, analyze and criticize the existing scientific literature.
Application and admission procedure:
Candidates register online, enter their personal data and choose a field of study in the IRK system (Warsaw University online application system). Candidates remit the application fee to the relevant bank account specified at the IRK System. The account number varies depending on the currency in which the payment is made – 80 PLN, 20 EURO or 26 USD).
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or equivalent
- Candidates must be proficient in English (B2 or higher is recommended)
- Candidates must submit a cover letter and two letters of recommendation from academics, with at least PhD, who know the candidate personally
- Candidates must present a transcript of records for the relevant undergraduate cycle diploma (supplement from the UE or the equivalent in other countries)
- Qualification is based on the ranking list. In the procedure candidate can get max. 100 ranking points. Ranking points are calculated as following: 30% for statement of purpose (cover letter) and two recommendations, 70% for grades and number of hours for subjects in the previous course of study (10 % for each: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Mathematical Statistics, Probability Calculus, Econometrics, Mathematical Analysis or Mathematical Calculus, Linear Algebra)